Natalie Portman officially in Thor *snicker*

I had heard a few months back that Natalie Portman would be in the new Thor movie. Well guess what? Now it's official!
Natalie Portman is starring as Jane Foster, the Thunder God’s love interest. In the original comics the character was a nurse who worked for Dr. Donald Blake, a regular old cripple who sometimes turned into Thor. - CHUD

[From Marvel’s press release] Marvel Studios expands its film universe with a new type of superhero: THOR. This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

I gotta say, this Thor movie is really starting to piss me off. I don’t give a rat’s ass about Thor. If you came up to me asking for the ass of a rat I would say sure. But if you told me that the rat’s ass was for Thor I would say no way. That’s how I feel about Thor.

Yet this movie has Kenneth Branagh as the director. I love Kenneth Branagh. I would give him a rat’s ass in a second.

Now I hear Natalie Portman has been cast! My sweet Natalie. So pretty.

But this still doesn’t mean this movie won’t suck. Even though Kenneth Branagh rocks and Portman is beautiful and talented this is Thor we’re talking about. Plus Kenneth Branagh and Portman don’t have the best of track records. Let’s not forget about Branagh’s Frankenstein and the last Star Wars movies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say? Then say it.

 

Followers